Application tips for Tchaikovsky hopefuls
Before Beginning the Application
To prepare for the new online application process, it is recommended that you gather required documents and other information ahead of time and become familiar with the competition’s rules and regulations. When you are ready to begin click here to get started.
- A photocopy of the applicant’s birth certificate, or equivalent proof of age;
- A current one-page biography or resume;
- List of concerti in the applicant’s repertoire, together with indication of at least four concerti that will be ready for performance during the 2011-2012 season (for pianists, violinists and cellists);
- Two full recital programs that will be ready for performance in the 2011-2012 season;
- List of major solo works and chamber music (or opera roles for singers) in the applicant’s repertoire, together with the dates most recently performed (if applicable);
- Color photographs, preferably in digital format with a resolution of 300 dpi, including one head-shot, approximately 13 cm x 17 cm (5 inches x 7 inches), suitable for publicity purposes. These can be submitted on CD, emailed, or physical copies can be mailed;
- Photocopies of any awards from other competitions;
- An unedited DVD of a fifty-minute recital recorded between November, 2009 and November, 2010. Preselection by an international jury will take place in Moscow prior to February 20, 2011.
Together with the completed application, or not later than December 1, 2010, all applicants must submit a nonrefundable application fee of 100 Euro payable by wire transfer, Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit cards.
*Note: For those unable to complete the application via the online system, an Adobe PDF application is available here. The application should be mailed with required documents and payment to the competition.